Black Forest Chapel is a non-denominational, evangelical church that focuses on the two greatest commands: to love God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
We have grown from a Bible study group into a caring church that has an unwavering commitment to the Gospel. God has used BFC to make a difference in our community - friendships have been formed, hearts have been healed, and lives have been changed. We invite you to join us this Sunday!
our Doctrinal Statement
Black Forest Chapel believes:
- In one God existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that He is the Creator, Preserver, and Ruler of all things, perfect in holiness and love, infinite in wisdom and measureless in power. Genesis 1:26, Exodus 15:11, Deuteronomy 6:4, I Chronicles 29:11-12, Nehemiah 9:6, Matthew 28:18-20, John 8:54-59, John 10:25-33, Acts 5:3-4, I John 4:8b
- That the whole 66 books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God, inerrant in the original manuscripts, and that it is the revelation of God to mankind regarding salvation and Christian living. 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man. That He died to pay the price for man’s sin and that He arose bodily from the dead. Matthew 1:18-23, John 1:1-14, 1 Corinthians 15:3-19, Hebrews 4:14-16, 1 Peter 3:18
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict of sin, regenerate those who are the elect (2 Timothy 2:10) and indwell each believer to sanctify, instruct and to empower them. John 3:5-18, John 16:8-11, Romans 12:4-8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-13, Ephesians 1:13, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18, Titus 3:5
- That man was created in the image of God but has become spiritually lost through sin. Genesis 1:26-27, Genesis 2:7, Genesis 3:1-4, John 3:5-16, Romans 3:9-12, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12-14
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for salvation and that salvation is by grace through faith, not of works, and that all who are regenerated and therefore express faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord are eternally saved. John 1:12, John 3:16-18, John 14:6, Romans 3:21-26, Romans 4:5, Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, II Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 2:8-9, I Peter 1:18-25
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church. However, neither of these ordinances is necessary to obtain salvation but instead are expressions of obedience in light of the salvation already obtained. Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 22:7-23, Acts 2:41, 1 Corinthians 11:17-26
- That the true Church is composed of all who believe (Romans 10:9) in Jesus Christ. Acts 2:40-47, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14, Ephesians 1:22-23, Ephesians 3:4-6, Colossians 1:1
- Believers are a holy priesthood, who offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. These include evangelizing the lost, establishing them in the faith and equipping the saints for service. Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 4:11-13, 1 Peter 2:5&9, Revelation 1:6
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven and in His present ministry there as High Priest and Advocate for us. We believe in the personal, visible, return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His church and in His coming in Glory with the believers to set up His kingdom upon the earth. Matthew 24:29-31, Acts 1:9-11, I Corinthians 15:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Hebrews 4:14-16; Titus 2:12-14, Revelation 19:11-21, Revelation 20:1-15
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead: believers to eternal life and unbelievers to eternal punishment. Matthew 13:36-43, Luke 16:19-31, 1 Corinthians 15:12-26, Thessalonians 1:7-10, Revelation 20:11-15